cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringing Sound from Canon EOS Rebel T8i

jmc06
Apprentice

Hi all! I noticed that there is a constant ringing in the background when recording videos on my Canon EOS Rebel T8i. Has anyone had this issue before? What's the fix?

4 REPLIES 4

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

jmc06,

Sorry. I have a T8i and don't get that ringing sound. Of course, I have my sound disabled.

If you disable the sound, do you still get the ringing sound?

Steve Thomas

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

What happens if you set the lens to MF. The AF Motor won't be active at all. Also turn off IS if the lens has it to see if the noise goes away. What lens are you using exactly please post the FULL name of the lens. If it is the kit lens that came with the camera it should be the EF-S 18-55mm F/4-5.6 IS STM lens. But Canon has made many variants of the EF-S 18-55mm lenses over the years. Some with IS some without IS and some with STM AF motors and some without STM AF Motors. Note this camera is also sold as "body only" too meaning no lens.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to reply. I definitely had it set to AF on the lens, but M on the actual camera. That might be an issue. I am using the Canon EF Lens 50mm 1:1.8 STM lens.

Are you talking about M (Manual Mode) on the top mode dial. The ONLY way to turn off AF is to do that with the AF/MF switch on the lens. The Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 STM uses what called "focus by wire". The focus ring is NOT mechanically connected to the lens' focusing elements. The camera must be powered up for the focus ring to work. In order to use full time manual focus. The camera must be set to One Shot while half pressing the shutter button. The AF motor in the lens is needed for MF to work.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements