cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Lens Contact Bridge Assembly on EOS 5D Mark II

Chris1260
Apprentice

Greetings!  I’m new to this forum and hoped someone out there might have done this part replacement.  When manual aperture control began failing, I cleaned camera and lens contacts and tried multiple lenses… to no avail.  The thumbwheel works flawlessly for every other function, point to the lens contact bridge assembly as the culprit.

Have any here replaced this part, and if so, were any special tools or procedures required?

Thank You!

Chris  ~

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The 5D2 is likely no longer supported by Canon for repair.

My recommendation is Mid West Camera repair.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I also so recommend Midwest but keep in mind old cameras are hard to get parts for. Most of the time they cannibalize other old cameras for their parts. And, keep in mind how much a used 5D Mk II is worth.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Chris1260
Apprentice

Thanks for your responses Rick and EB  ~  I’ve actually got access to the part, new, and am myself a motion picture equipment repair technician.  i just prefer having a service manual or enlightening words from one who has performed a repair before proceeding.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

If you search you might be able to find a service manual since it is an older camera. I doubt it will be free though. Good luck!

Keep in mind the value of a working used 5D Mk II.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements