cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T7i SD card accessing and writting problem

_homers_
Apprentice

Hi everyone !

I have a Rebel T7i since july 2017 (purchased in a Canon store in Brasilia, Brazil).

I use a Sandisk Extreme PRO 32 GB SD Card that worked fine until now.

since a few day, I have the error message "Card cannot be accessed Reinsert or change the card or format card with camera"

I tried to format it with camera : didn't work out (message error : SD card cannot be formated)

then I tried the following :

1- first I tested the SD card with others camera : The SD card is fine

2- I tested the camera with other SD cards : same problem

3- I format the SD card with a computer (gparted on ubuntu) in a FAT32 partition : the SD card was recognized by the camera, I tried to shoot some photos, but the recording didn't seem to work (red light stayed on and the camera freezed)

3.1- after this test I never again successed to recognized a computer-formated-sd-card with the camera

4- I removed the FAT32 partition of the SD card, like that I successed to format the SD card with the camera, but again, when I tried to shoot photos the recording on SD card seems to freeze the camera

4.1 - after unfreezing the camera by turning it off, again, the same error message and again I never again successed, to do the same.

Other stuff I checked/did :

- the SD card slot pins are fine

- I did a factory reset of the camera

- I did a hard reset (battery out for a few days)

Now I'm a little lost, I tried to find the firmware to update it, but it didn't seems to exist on the web.

Thanks for any advice and/or help !

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you have done all of the usual troubleshooting checks.  It definitely sounds like the camera.  

That is my preferred SD card of choice, at 32GB or 64GB.  I do not think the Sandisk Extreme Pro Series is even available in a micro-SD version.  As long as you are using a Class I card, and not a Class II card, then it is time to contact Canon to the camera checked.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I did a hard reset (battery out for a few days) ...

... I tried to find the firmware to update it ..."

I doubt a "few days" is long enough.  It is not a FW issue so upgrading it or replacing won't help. The one obvious thing to do is to try a new SD card. You have done all the rest.

BTW, if your FW is corrupted or screwed up, only Canon can fix it. And, that is where your next step is, call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The one obvious thing to do is to try a new SD card. You have done all the rest.

Thanks for the answers guys ! 

I already try a new SD card, the trouble is the same... I'm kind of despaired, I doubt I still have a warranty on this purchase and I also doubt that I could find a CANON repair center in Brasil...

thanks anyway !

I can't imagine Canon does not have presence in Brazil.  You next step now is to find it.  The T7i is too good a camera to ignore it.  Get it repaired. Good luck.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements