cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T6 screen is black , view finder says busy .

isis11571
Apprentice
I have a Rebel T6 and for some reason the screen doesn't turn on, when I turn it on only a small red light flashes once and when I look into the viewfinder it shows me the iso which is 3200 and it flashes the word BUSY. I can use auto focus and press the button for the pop up flash to pop up but thats it. I cannot take pictures AND the screen is black .
I used mine the day before no issues, placed it back in my cam bag .
Next day , nothing on then screen.
It will flash several times when I press the button but the reads busy.
Help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera can flash “BUSY” for a couple of different reasons.  One is writing to the card, or a bad card.  Another reason is that the flash is recharging.  If ISO is 3200, then it sounds like you are not in a brightly lit location.

Make sure your battery is fully charged.  Remove the memory card.  Now turn the camera on.  If the camera turns on, with to P on the shooting mode dial, and go into the the menus and do a “Reset To Factory Defaults”.  

Try a new memory card.  You should always have a spare on hand.  If you are using a a micro-SD card with an adapter, stop using them.  Only use full size memory cards from a major brand like Sandisk.  I recommend Sandisk 32 GB Extreme in that camera.  Be sure to always format any new memory card in the camera, too.  Memory cards do not come preformatted.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera can flash “BUSY” for a couple of different reasons.  One is writing to the card, or a bad card.  Another reason is that the flash is recharging.  If ISO is 3200, then it sounds like you are not in a brightly lit location.

Make sure your battery is fully charged.  Remove the memory card.  Now turn the camera on.  If the camera turns on, with to P on the shooting mode dial, and go into the the menus and do a “Reset To Factory Defaults”.  

Try a new memory card.  You should always have a spare on hand.  If you are using a a micro-SD card with an adapter, stop using them.  Only use full size memory cards from a major brand like Sandisk.  I recommend Sandisk 32 GB Extreme in that camera.  Be sure to always format any new memory card in the camera, too.  Memory cards do not come preformatted.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

isis11571
Apprentice
I solved the issue by clearing out the sd card..my entire camera should not shut down and become unstable because of a full memory card but it did ..

beauravn
Apprentice

Tried the 'SOLVED' solution with no luck. The viewfinder just says 'buSY' (plus the current iso) for a few seconds, then turns off, the LCD screen remains completely blank. Autofocus still seems to work, but no flash. Have removed the SD card and turned the camera back on in P mode with no SD card inserted. No change at all, so thinking the LCD screen might be dead. I have also removed the rubber eye cup, cleaned around where the sensor might be and replaced the rubber eye cup again.

Being an older camera, is it worth trying to repair or just save then lens and sell the camera body for parts? Cheers

beauravan: Do you get a picture after all this? You should start your own topic.

No picture because camera is in 'busy' mode so shutter does not function.

Announcements