cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel T5 will not turn on

AC12
Contributor

Good morning.

My Rebel T5 will not turn on.  It turned on 1x then nothing.  I've purchased and fully charged 4 batteries and still nothing.  This was purchased in 2014 and has only turned on 1x.  I haven't taken any photos.  Thought I would try again after many years of storage due to frustration.

Thank you for any suggestions.

9 REPLIES 9

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

When was it last turned on (wasn't clear from your post)? Did it turn on successfuly recently? Or had you turned it on back in 2014?

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Christmas of 2014.  It turned on 1x then never again.  

@AC12 wrote:

Christmas of 2014.  It turned on 1x then never again. Probably not cost-effective to repair now.

Sounds like it may have suffered an infant mortality failure in 2014. too late now, but probably should have been returned to seller or sent for repair in 2014.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Appears it had one breath upon arrival. Agree, “I should have … “.  Thank you for pointing out the obvious. I do appreciate positivity and realism. 

New/used camera purchased today. Just can’t toss that one in the trash just yet. You appear wise….. any insight how to donate a starter camera that doesn’t work?  

I became frustrated and put the camera away.  Just pulled it out from storage and would like to start playing with my 2014 Christmas gift. 🙂

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You need to call Canon and send it in for repair. Unfortunately, it is now out of warranty.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The door to the battery compartment has a micro switch on it, which detects when the door is securely closed.  Make the door latch clicks into place when the door is closed.

Something else to try is remove any memory card in the slot.  Remove any attached lens.  Does it still not power up?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for your reply.  I removed the memory card, no lens attached .... nothing.  Worth a try anyways

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You could try and sell on eBay for parts. Could probably get $100. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements