cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel SL1 clicks like its taking a picture, but doesnt keep it

Pbjsandwiches
Contributor

We have had the SL1 since christmas, and its worked great, up u til this last week, when we realized none of our pictures we took were on the camera. The card is not full; its actually almost empty. The battery is charged.

7 REPLIES 7

@Pbjsandwiches wrote:

We have had the SL1 since christmas, and its worked great, up u til this last week, when we realized none of our pictures we took were on the camera. The card is not full; its actually almost empty. The battery is charged.

SD cards have a small switch that allows them to be write-protected. Make sure it hasn't been left in the wrong position.

Of course if that turns out to be the problem, one wonders why the camera hasn't been telling you that it can't save the pictures. But I guess that's a "B" or "C" issue at the moment. The "A" issue is why they aren't getting saved.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Oh, i was all excited that this was the fix, but i moved the switch, and that put it in the locked positn and would not take pictures. 😞

I also tried another card with the same problem continuing.

Try resetting to default settings. Press the Menu button and then scan through the tabs until you find it.  Always a chance that you have somehow accidentally put something on a weird setting accidentally, and if so this could correct it.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I think that worked!

Great!  Much better than a broken camera.

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Thank you so much!

Announcements