cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 50mm F1.8 STM No AF on EOS R7, Okay on EOS R6

karlaschmidt
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS r7 and the Canon EOS r6.  I bought the Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM lens.  When I attach this lens to the Canon EOS r7 the AF changes to manual and I don't have an option of choosing between one-shot or servo.  When I attach this lens to my R6, I can choose either one-shot or servo.  Can anyone explain why this is happening? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The EOS R7 has a switch on the camera body itself. That says AF/ MF on it. It is located to the right of the hand grip. When looking from the front of the camera.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Check the AF/MF switch on the camera body is set to AF. The lens doesn't have an AF/ MF switch on it that's why it focuses on the R6. To turn off Manual Focus on the R6 you must go through the camera menu. The body AF/MF switch only works for lenses without the AF/MF switch.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

NielsRa
Contributor

I do have the same problem.

On my R7, only MF i present - did you find a solution?  

Working on RP and on a R7 my freind have.

BR Niels
Canon RP, R7, RF-L lenses.

The EOS R7 has a switch on the camera body itself. That says AF/ MF on it. It is located to the right of the hand grip. When looking from the front of the camera.

-Demetrius

Thank you very much. canon support wanted me to send the camera and lens in for service…
You solved the problem, Thank you.

BR Niels
Canon RP, R7, RF-L lenses.

If a lens has an AF/MF switch on it. The switch on the lens overrides the switch on the body. That switch only works for lenses without an AF/ MF switch on it.

-Demetrius

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements