cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RETRIEVAL OF DELETED PHOTOS ON CANON EOS 1300D

kuyajohn10
Apprentice

I wonder if I can retrieve deleted photos on Canon Shutter Count? My phone together with the SD Card was stolen last year and all the photos I have taken from the DSLR are all stored in it. Can anyone help me retrieve these important memories I had for my late Grandma? I miss her so much and that's the only memory I had from her.
Hope to receive help. 

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What does "Canon Shutter Count" have to do with this? Just what are you recovering from since your "SD Card" was stolen?

In general, you can only recover deleted files if the specific memory device has not stored more data.

Hi @kvbarkley thanks for your response. Got it.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

If you just explain a bit more we might be able to help. If you are looking to recover images from a DSLR apart from the SD Card, that is not possible. DSLR's have no internal storage, and no "memory" of previous images taken.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I know this is advice too late to help on this significant loss but never, never use your camera as a storage device which means the SD. Always u/l them to your computer or laptop as soon as possible.

As a life long photographer I securely kept photos of clients for six months guaranteed.  However some have been on backup for six years or more. HD space got real cheap!  A while ago a bride form a wedding I shot for her came to me with an unfortunate happening in her family's life. Their house burnt down and of course they lost all the family photos. She asked if I possibly still had her wedding. I did although it was six years ago. Almost made both of us cry.

But it shows the importance of getting all you precious memories in a safe place as soon as you can. A camera is  not a safe place and as far as I am concerned neither is your iphone.

As to recovering your photos unless you can get that SD I fear there is no way. Did you by chance u/l to any social media like Facebook, etc. Or, perhaps to the cloud?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for your response @ebiggs1, unfortunately, I don't get the chance to save them in the cloud or in any of my social media accounts. I fully understand your comment. Wish I had saved these memories before my phone was stolen, but it's too late now. Can't find any way to retrieve them back. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

So sorry but without that SD, I’m afraid there is no way. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements