cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R7 Aperture Control in Custom Shooting Modes

batmn319
Contributor

Experimenting with the R7 and have come across what seems like a peculiar limitation. 

I can’t control directly the aperture setting in a custom shooting mode (at least not after several hours of shooting, reading and trial and error). 

the manual seems to address this by noting that aperture is controllable in Av, Tv, P and B modes (in addition to M)….but why only those modes? Why can’t I override the auto aperture setting and adjust the rest of the triangle (or let the camera do it) in a custom shooting mode? 

am I missing something or is there a work around? 

mike 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you register a set of camera settings for your Custom Shooting Mode?  

Look at Custom Shooting Modes as a saved preset camera configuration.  You setup the camera in P, Tv, Av, or M the way you like, and then you register those settings to a custom mode.

I have set up one mode is based on M mode.  It uses One Shot AF, Single Shot drive drive mode, a single AF point, and BBF set to [AF-OFF].

I have set up another custom to use M mode.  It uses Servo AF, Continuous Shooting drive mode, Zone AF point selection, and BBF set to [AF-OFF].

When I select P, Av, Tv, or M, the BBF functionality has not been enabled.   

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Did you register a set of camera settings for your Custom Shooting Mode?  

Look at Custom Shooting Modes as a saved preset camera configuration.  You setup the camera in P, Tv, Av, or M the way you like, and then you register those settings to a custom mode.

I have set up one mode is based on M mode.  It uses One Shot AF, Single Shot drive drive mode, a single AF point, and BBF set to [AF-OFF].

I have set up another custom to use M mode.  It uses Servo AF, Continuous Shooting drive mode, Zone AF point selection, and BBF set to [AF-OFF].

When I select P, Av, Tv, or M, the BBF functionality has not been enabled.   

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you!!! 

Announcements