cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 mark II - setting minimum shutter speed

Aspara
Apprentice

I recently got the R6 mark II.

In the 'ISO speed settings' I get an option to set a max. shutter speed, and not a min. shutter speed (as is the case with my 5D mark III).

Is there no longer a way to set a minimum shutter speed? Is there a way around it?

I use this option in low light when I want the camera to stay within certain ISO ranges without going under a set shutter speed.

TYIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've just set mine to Dutch, it looks like a translation glitch. It still works as it should and sets the minimum rather than max.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ian_D_Head
Contributor

Have you explained that the right way around. It gives the chance to set the minimum shutter speed but not the maximum. Well it does on mine. Surely if you wanted to restrict the max shutter setting, you'd do it in tab 2 of the orange menu.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this what you are looking for? From the manual:

Screenshot 2023-08-26 095902.jpg

The OP is saying he only has a setting for Maximum. Your screen shot shows it as it is. Only minimum.

Aspara
Apprentice

This is my screen. It's in Dutch, as that's my mother tongue.

The manual in Dutch does mention the max. shutter speed... I found a Youtube video that showed the option of a min. shutter speed. I'm really confused... 

IMG_5336.jpg

I've just set mine to Dutch, it looks like a translation glitch. It still works as it should and sets the minimum rather than max.

Thanks for checking that! It didn't cross my mind that it would be that, but I'm glad it is 🤣

It's the same for German too. 😂

Oh gosh... Feels like a Google-Translate error 🤐

Announcements