cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Mark ii Firmware Not Installing

ehattey
Contributor

Hi all, 

I just went to install 1.1.1 on my R6mii, and it continues to fail before the installation even starts. I have tried both loading the file onto the SD card, and also loading via EOS Utility 3. In both methods, I get to the screen that says "update from 1.0.0 to 1.1.1" but the OK button is greyed out, and before I can even try tapping the button, the camera turns off, and reboots back to photography mode with viewfinder active. 

I have scoured Google this morning looking to see if anyone else has had this issue, but I am striking out. 

Appreciate any insight or guidance you all may have! 

-Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ehattey
Contributor

Thanks for the help - After multiple steps of troubleshooting, it actually appears that the camera was not happy about the Neewer Battery Grip being on the camera. Once I took the grip off, and put the battery door back on, it took off running just like it should. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Use the Quick Control Dial, wheel on back to move and highlight the OK button.  Then press the Set button to execute.  Do not touch any of the camera's buttons while the FW upgrade is being performed.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for this solution! Fixed my inability to do the update. I successfully updated from 1.1.4 too 1.3.0. Quick Control Dial did the trick.

Greetings,

Thanks for the feedback.  Happy holidays.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

ehattey
Contributor

Thanks for the help - After multiple steps of troubleshooting, it actually appears that the camera was not happy about the Neewer Battery Grip being on the camera. Once I took the grip off, and put the battery door back on, it took off running just like it should. 

Announcements