cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R6 Disappointment/FYI

FastEddie2
Contributor

Bought an R6 on 12/06 to use for Christmas. Today 10 days later while updating the firmware to 120 using a 64 GB SDXC II card and update from canon website, after 2 minutes of download the following message appears on the screen "Firmware Update Program Update file cannot be found Please check the memory card and reloade the battery and try again." So I turn the camera off and the message is still on the screen. The camera can't be turned off. I remove the battery, the camera goes off. Following the message I put in a new "fully charged" battery with no memory card (the first was fully charged too) and immediatly the screen lights up with the same message even though the camera is in the off position on the indicator wheel. Contacted Canon and they said ship it to them in So. California. Christmas is next week and California is shut down (this is why I don't play the lottery). Has anyone else run into this problem. I will now have to revert to my Sony VX 2000. Not happy with canon at all. Smiley SadSmiley Frustrated

17 REPLIES 17

Just the moon. Did look at several you tubes and practiced some with the T6i. 🙂 No star trails..........which is why I indicated more practice. 🙂
BTW on a tri pod ISO 200 F4, 1.6 s

"BTW on a tri pod ISO 200 F4, 1.6 s"

What lens was it? Your ISO is way, way too low most likely.  The shots I displayed as samples are ISO 1600 or about. The f4 is OK but f2.8 is better usually. A SS of 1.6 depends on the lens FL if star trails are not wanted, or wanted.  It could be fine or not.

I can't give exact settings without being there with you but these are starters. Again bracket your shots. Bracketing is your friend.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

The lens was an EFS 18-55mm kit, @24mm.
These reply's are slow because while I'm contemplated the response, you've already responded.
Shot in TV camera did the rest.

Thanks again, as I took notes. Look forward to chatting with you again in the near future. Going out to shoot some of the fire damage in Santa Cruz Mountains

Here is what you are after in night time sky photography.

1212.jpg

Unfortunately for me, the clouds prevented me from getting the S/J conjunction.

EB

However you can do some funsy photos, like King on the Mountain!

2121.jpg

These are good practice photos.

EB

One thing I have found over the years, decades, is photo gear, cameras and lenses, etc., generally do exactly what you tell them to.

EB

Thanks, those photos are great, but from my perspective, just starting out, after shooting all video for the last umteenth number of years with no post work (VHS and Digital) it'll be a fun journey for me to get to that point. Thanks Again
click here to view the gallery
Announcements