cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 vs R6mii

mmolbert
Apprentice

I currently have eos6D m2.  I shoot a lot of volleyball games, but I also take family and senior portraits.  Would R5 or R6 be a better upgrade? I know that I will need the mount for the ef lenses that I currently have.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I shot with a 6D2 for over 5 yrs.  Really liked that body.  For sports and portraiture, the R6mkII will probably be fine.

The R6mkII in the Canon refurbished store Is on sale at a deep discount.  You may find a canon adapter there as well 😊

https://www.usa.canon.com/shop/p/refurbished-eos-r6-mark-ii-body

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

As my respected colleague Rick has said, if you are currently using an 6DII and are happy with that resolution, you will find the R6II not only a suitable fit, but also a massive improvement on focus, and face/eye tracking for games. It also features In-Body Image Stabilization that will work with most RF optics' own image stabilization to provide a much steadier platform for hand-holding for sports.  The 24MP sensor is definitely a step up from the 6DII.
Only if you need the 45MP resolution would I consider the R5: whether you are going to have to do a lot of cropping, or produce large, detailed prints.   The 'Refurbished' Canon deals are often just overstocked, opened but not used, or used for display - they come with a warranty and are 'as good as new'.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements