Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R5 firmware update — camera no longer works

catsongs
Enthusiast

Aloha All,

Please help!

I was updating the latest firmware for my R5.

Something's gone wrong: the camera no longer works.

OFF > ON, black screen. Only P appears, on top, as a Mode.

Press MENU or Q and nothing happens.

When I connect the camera to my mac, the EOS Utility says nothing's attached.

Any thoughts?

Mahalo!

Cat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iCollector
Contributor

Oh that is awful! If the camera turns on, all is not lost. I found this…..

In order to reset your Canon EOS R5 camera using the power switch, you can follow these steps:Turn off the camera: Turn off the camera by sliding the power switch to the "OFF" position.Remove the battery: Open the battery compartment and remove the battery.Wait a few minutes: Wait for a few minutes before reinserting the battery into the camera.Turn on the camera: After reinserting the battery, slide the power switch to the "ON" position to turn on the camera.This process should reset the camera's settings and restore it to its default state

hope it works….

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iCollector
Contributor

Oh that is awful! If the camera turns on, all is not lost. I found this…..

In order to reset your Canon EOS R5 camera using the power switch, you can follow these steps:Turn off the camera: Turn off the camera by sliding the power switch to the "OFF" position.Remove the battery: Open the battery compartment and remove the battery.Wait a few minutes: Wait for a few minutes before reinserting the battery into the camera.Turn on the camera: After reinserting the battery, slide the power switch to the "ON" position to turn on the camera.This process should reset the camera's settings and restore it to its default state

hope it works….

Mahalo! Appreciated!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Did the above steps resolve your issue?  🤔

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements