R5 Mark II Waveform!

gcam
Apprentice

How amazing they added waveform to this camera but I can't believe it can't be resized or disabled via an assignable button. To make things worse, it's multiple clicks deep into the menu to turn it off when you're tired of having it block your view. If I've missed something, let me know!

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My R5 C recently received this feature with firmware (v1.0 7.1).  It always had waveform, but now it can be tapped and made larger/smaller.  Cinema OS also has a quick toggle feature to turn waveform, zebras, etc on/off quickly.  This is accessed by tapping the corner of the display.  I'll need to research the R52 to see what or if is supported.

If it's not there consider making a feature request.  Visit Canon USA and look for the [+]Feedback icon in the upper right hand corner...then select product and make the request.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I too have an R5C. That's why I'm missing the functionality so badly. I just can't believe there's no easy way to enable/disable. They have false colors as an option in the assignable buttons so I guess that'll have to do. As you've said, I'll create a feedback request!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Currently, the size of the Waveform display cannot be changed on the R5II.

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R5 Mark II : Shooting Information Display (start.canon) 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements