cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R10 unable to shoot RAW Burst

Tele23
Contributor

Hello. I have got my R10 camera for about 3 months now and I have noticed that the RAW Burst mode doesn't work. Whenever I fully press the shutter button, the photo frame flashes indicating that it's taking pictures, but the buffer doesn't fill up. When I let go of the shutter, the buffer turns red and if I press any buttons it says "Busy". After that, the camera is locked in that state and I can't do anything unless I pull the battery out and insert it back in. It doesn't bother me a lot since I can't imagine myself using that feature a lot but it makes me think my camera may be faulty. Any ideas? Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

I had used a micro SD card before, but after it failed in the middle of a football match photoshooting, I bought a full sized SD card, Kingston Canvas React Plus. It works very good and I thought the RAW Burst problem would be fixed as well when upgrading to this card, but that's not true.

@Tele23 wrote:

I had used a micro SD card before, but after it failed in the middle of a football match photoshooting, I bought a full sized SD card, Kingston Canvas React Plus. It works very good and I thought the RAW Burst problem would be fixed as well when upgrading to this card, but that's not true.

I’ve never heard of that brand before.  Maybe I should.  I recommend buying a SanDisk or Lexar card, anyway.  Buy a UHS-1 card, Be careful not to fill the buffer in the camera when you shoot bursts.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

UHS-I cards will be limited in terms of sustained write speeds.  I've only seen such cards rated to a maximum of V30 (30 MBps).  UHS-II cards allow sustained writes up to 90 MBps.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Peter
Authority
Authority

Kingston Canvas React is one of the fastest for R6/R10, but if you have a different card you can try just for troubleshooting.

Do you have latest firmware installed, 1.3.0? It fixed some minor bugs.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements