Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Press <> to prepare for movie shooting

GiroSA
Apprentice
Hi all,

First post here! 

We recently bought the 250D for use in our Church for live streaming. We have bought an AC adapter to keep the camera running for however long we need it to. The camera is mounted permanently against a rafter and although it can be reached, it is not convenient. The idea is to keep the camera switch on permanently - that is the button on the camera body is in the video position. We switch it off at the wall via the AC adapter. This works fine except for the fact that when power is cut and then restored, the camera displays a message "Press <> to prepare for movie shooting", which must be pressed before it goes into live view mode. I know there is a setting to disable all the overlays for live streaming purposes - which we have done, but is there one that will put the camera into "live streaming" mode upon power up, i.e. without having to press any button on the body?

I'd appreciate any guidance!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GiroSA
Apprentice

I took the camera down to test it again at home, and what do you know? It works perfectly. I can switch it off and back on at the wall and it goes straight into video mode. No menu, no button press, nothing! I don't know why it did this before. In fact, I can't get the menu to appear anymore.

Thanks for the advise anyway.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Personally, I think it is fine the way it is.  You have to touch just one button to initiate the camera.  If you are recording in the camera, do you really want the camera to automatically start recording the moment you turn it on?  Depending upon your settings, there is the potential to overwrite existing files.

BTW, I would not expect the camera to be able to do what you want.  Every switch is electronic, not mechanical.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The camera does exactly what we want. Except for this one thing. As I said in the OP, it is live streaming, so we are not recording, it doesn't even have an SD card in. We feed via and HDMI cable into a laptop. All the camera needs to do is switch on, open the shutter and auto focus. 

When I said it is "not convenient" to reach the camera, it means, you have to get onto a chair and stretch to reach it - not an ideal situation!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried a wired.remote switch?  Bluetooth?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

GiroSA
Apprentice

I took the camera down to test it again at home, and what do you know? It works perfectly. I can switch it off and back on at the wall and it goes straight into video mode. No menu, no button press, nothing! I don't know why it did this before. In fact, I can't get the menu to appear anymore.

Thanks for the advise anyway.

Hi GiroSA

Can you send to me every setting that you have and the mode you use. I'm passing through the same issue, on the exact same scenario - church streaming, using camlink to convert hdmi signal. After a while, I think is pretty close to 30 minutes, it pop's up the black screen with the text : "Press <> to prepare for movie shooting". I have an sd card always inside, just for photos when needed.

After spending so long to buy a good camera - we thought - now that we have all settled, we are struggling with this same problem you had.

Help needed. We don't have budget for a more expensive camera, so, I hope we can solve this...

Can someone give me a hand on this?

Even I'm facing the same problem, I'm using a camlink to conver the hdmi signals, the camera works fine for 35-40 minutes and then a screen pops up saying "Press <> button to prepare for movie shooting" i have to again and again switch off and onn the camera to fix it...... Please help me with this if you find the solution

Announcements