cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pictures from EOS R8 SD Card not showing up

RichardinIdaho
Apprentice

The last couple of time I have used my R8 I had this problem.

The pictures are in the camera. I can view them on the screen.

But they do not appear to be on the card. Put the card in two different card readers  and they do not show up. Any ideas how to fix? The older one are there. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can view them in the camera, they are on your memory card. The camera does not store pictures without a card. There may be more than one folder on the card that contains the photos.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Are you using Full Sized SD Cards or Micro SD Cards in an adapter. Micro SD Cards in an adapter cause all sorts of problems. So discontinue the use of them and use Full Size SD Cards ONLY.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can view them in the camera, they are on your memory card. The camera does not store pictures without a card. There may be more than one folder on the card that contains the photos.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

What deebatman316 said. I now bypass the USB cord and the card reader. I use the full size SD cards and insert them into a slot on my laptop. After I download the photos, I make sure all are downloaded, clear the card and re-format it.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

RichardinIdaho
Apprentice

Thanks

Announcements