cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peripheral Illumination Correction

LeeinArizona
Apprentice

I have a EOS Rebel T3i and I just bought a Tamron 16-300 lens.  The camera states "No correction data available" for this lens.  Is there a way to download this information to the camera from Canon or some other source?  If not, is there a way to correct darkened corners without trimming photos?

3 REPLIES 3

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

Canon has profiles for several of their own lenses, but as far as I know there are no profiles for 3rd party lenses.

Photo adjutment applications which apply vignette can usually do the reverse as well... which would tend to slightly lighten the corners.

I know I can do this with Aperture (but Apple has announced that they will not be doing any further development for that app.)  I suspect Lightroom probably does this as well.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

hsbn
Whiz

Peripheral Illumination correction will never crops your photo in camera or post process. Perspective correction and distortion correction may crop your photo. Lightroom and many other post processing software can do this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thanks for the responses.  I have only noticed this issue when taking photos in dim light or cloudy, overcast skies.  It's a minor issue with the Tamron lens.  Once I set the Peripheral Illumination to disable I did see some improvemnet.

As a side note, I am very impressed with the new Tamron 16-300 lens.  The focus is very fast and quiet and it is becoming my favorite lens for everyday shooting.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements