cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One-Touch Image Quality Settings Seems not Working on My 5DS

theseus
Apprentice

According to the 5DS/R manual page 424, I should be able to change the shotting picture quality (size) by pushing the assigned button, which can be either the 'Fn' or the depth-of-field 'Preview' button in front of the camera, but this is not happening. Neither the 'Fn' nor the 'Preview' button works.

Both the 'Fn' and 'Preview' buttons can be assigned with other functions. And as far as I can tell they all work as described in the manual except the "jpeg/raw" or "jpeg/raw H' function.

Could anyone try this in your camera and see if it works? AFAIK, at least 5DMK4 can do this.

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I tried it with one of my 5DS R bodies (firmware 1.1.3) and it does seem to work.  When I assigned the mfn button to jpg/raw tapping it changed the viewfinder indicator from RAW to show jpg/raw and the warning indicator also came on in the viewfinder which the manual states will happen when one touch image quality is set.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thank you wq9nsc for the quick reply. I think I know what the deal is here after your post.

To make the one-touch image quality settings to work, from what my more testing shows, the setting in the SET UP1 (under the wrench icon) for "Record func+card/folder sel." cannot be set at "Rec. separately". The one-touch image quality settings will work with any of the other 3 settings.

I always use "Rec separately" and think one-touch to change the recording quality is a good feature. Not too sure about Canon's logic for this limitation. I'm impressed by Canon camera's quality, especially the software in this case. I thought that I found a bug after so many years of using the 5Ds but am glad it's not a bug at the end.

Announcements