cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number count

Dslrnewbie
Apprentice
Hello, I'm very new to this so please forgive my ignorance.

I noticed on the bottom right hand side of the menu there's a number count on the other end of the battery icon. My son got this Canon T6 for my bday and I'm still trying to learn the basics. I only took probably less than 20 pictures (testing) and I noticed the number gets lower and lower, its on 1177 right now. What is this number and is it something I should be paying attn to?

Thank you
4 REPLIES 4

@Dslrnewbie wrote:
Hello, I'm very new to this so please forgive my ignorance.

I noticed on the bottom right hand side of the menu there's a number count on the other end of the battery icon. My son got this Canon T6 for my bday and I'm still trying to learn the basics. I only took probably less than 20 pictures (testing) and I noticed the number gets lower and lower, its on 1177 right now. What is this number and is it something I should be paying attn to?

Thank you

Does it decrease by one each time you take a picture? If so, it's the number of shots the camera thinks you have left on the card, given the settings that you're currently using. The user manual should tell you that. If you didn't get one, you can download it from Canon's Web site.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I agree with the above answer. It's an estimate but is usually a good guideline as to when the card will be full of image files. 

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

diverhank
Authority

Yes...that's the possible number of shots...

Capture.JPG

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Amazing what you can learn by reading the manual.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements