cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not wanting to take pictures

Tanya
Apprentice
Hi there.i have a Canon EOS 1200D and it kept showing busy and not wanting to take photos on any setting. I then removed lens and cleaned the connection points between lens and camera and now if I want to take a picture a red light flashes and it bleeps. Can somebody please help me?
2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hi Tanya!

Thank you for reaching out to Canon USA!

Here in the US, the EOS 1200D is known as the EOS Rebel T5. Usually when the camera refuses to take a photo and it beeps and a light flashes in the viewfinder, that indicates the camera is unable to lock focus. 

One thing that you can try, if you're using the EF-S 18-55mm lens that came with your camera, is to change the focus switch on the side of the lens from AF to MF, then twist the focus ring on the front of the lens (not the zoom ring) from one side to the other. You may feel a little resistance. That is OK, however, you don't want to force anything. You might also hear a slight pop or click. That's OK, too. Again, don't force anything. 

Once you've completed that, put the lens back in AF mode, put the camera in P mode on the top dial, ensure the flash is down, and try to take a photo in a well-lit place. 

If this doesn't work, you'll want to get in touch with technical support for further assistance. Support here in the USA or in Canada can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666). If you're outside of the USA, you'll want to click HERE and select your region/country for your support options. 

We hope this helps! 

Tanya
Apprentice
I thank you very very much. Astounded at the speed of feedback and assistance, not something that exists in general where we live. Also appreciating the detail in which you have explained this as I do not know much about cameras. With your help it is working group again. Thank you!
Announcements