cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No picture taking EOS Rebel T6 EF-S

robbbins
Apprentice

I have had my camera for a few years and have had no problems.  Now it won't focus properly when using the LCD screen.  It also says it is busy when I try to take a picture. The lens is properly attached.  Help!! 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

zakslm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Robbins,

You stated that your T6 "won't focus propoerly when using the LCD screen".  If you've done it before, a setting may have been changed that is causing the problem.  It's always good to do a "Reset all Camera Functions" and start over setting up the camera functions for your preferences.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps the following from the T7 manual might help.  (I have a T7 and I think there are some minor differences but the controls are essenially the same).  You can download the manual for the T6 from usa.canon.com, and look for "Support" and put in you camera model to search.

In the manual for the T7, Chapter 5 - Shooting with the LCD Monitor (Live Shooting) I found:

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Good luck!

LZ

View solution in original post

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried manual focus?

Have you formatted the card in the camera recently?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have a T7 so I'll watch this post JIC.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

zakslm
Rising Star
Rising Star

Robbins,

You stated that your T6 "won't focus propoerly when using the LCD screen".  If you've done it before, a setting may have been changed that is causing the problem.  It's always good to do a "Reset all Camera Functions" and start over setting up the camera functions for your preferences.

If that doesn't work, then perhaps the following from the T7 manual might help.  (I have a T7 and I think there are some minor differences but the controls are essenially the same).  You can download the manual for the T6 from usa.canon.com, and look for "Support" and put in you camera model to search.

In the manual for the T7, Chapter 5 - Shooting with the LCD Monitor (Live Shooting) I found:

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Good luck!

LZ

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Have you tried manual focus?

Have you formatted the card in the camera recently?

I feel kinda foolish admitting how I "fixed" the problem, but when I changed lenses, the one that I changed to, which moved more freely, the camera was able to focus and take a picture without a problem.  I concluded that the problem was that the first lens I was using needed cleaning as it was a little more difficult when dialing it manually.  But I'll keep your solutions in mind in case the lens cleaning doesn't work.  Thanks again!

Announcements