cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New EOS R6 Won't Work Unless I Remove the Battery

madaraboss94
Apprentice

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I’ve been experiencing with my new r6. I bought it used from KEH and have barely had it a day. When I try to turn the camera on it doesn’t start and won’t show anything. However when I leave the on switch on, take the battery out and put it back in it works perfectly. I’ve tried leaving the battery door open for a few hours to let moisture escape but i still have to take the battery out and put it back in to start it. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions I can get!

2 REPLIES 2

Peter
Authority
Authority

Same without a card? Then send it back.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetinga,

Yes, "return it" like Peter suggested..  You don't have to leave the switch on and pop in a battery to make your camera turn on. 

Moisture in the camera?  No moisture should be present.  Unless you had an accident that might preclude you from returning, I suggest you do so immediately.

Your camera should not come with any compromises.  It should turn on when you move the switch to the on position and should not have moisture inside.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements