cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need upgrade C-Log for Canon Mark IV

Brian96
Apprentice

Hi all,

I would like to upgrade C-Log for my Canon Mark IV but didn't see any services option on Canon website. The local camera stores tell me I need to send my camera back to Canon service center, it cost $99.99 for the service. But I don't know who to contact or where to start? Do you have any clue?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

A quick web search for “Canon USA Repair Center” turned up this link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/service-and-repair 

You will need to setup a Canon Account to begin.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thank you for the link. I did follow the link, but it didn't have any option for me to request the C-Log upgrade. Only have repair service or maintenance service (Clean Image Sensor). I think I have to call Canon to ask if they still have the C-Log upgrade service.

Setup a ticket, anyway, and contact them directly.  Canon will typically not perform any repairs without an email confirmation from you.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

makinworks
Apprentice

I live in Los Angeles and was able to drive down to a Canon facility in Orange County. It took a few hours but for $99 it was completed really more or less as I waited in the photo gallery museum. 

this was in 2018 I think. Maybe 2019. 

I cannot remember but my question now is about the possible impact or conflict of there is one when updating to the latest version of firmware for streaming on the cameras . I’m not sure I even want too yet but I thought it was also dealing with issues with camera color and sync to canon printer firmware updates in unison. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I have heard from users who inadvertently lost their C-LOG update after upgrading their firmware.  Canon does have a record of a C-LOG update.  I suggest you open a support request and ask how or if its safe to proceed.  This will avoid you needing to send the camera in for re-flash.  The C-LOG update was not released to the public.  If it was, no one would have paid for it.  🤣   Contact support to be safe.

shadowsports_0-1687464970885.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements