cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help Finding My Stolen EOS Rebel T7i

MarcusDStoehr
Apprentice

My Canon EOS Rebel T7i camera was stolen. I need help recovering it. The serial number is 56207[xxxxxxx]. I live in Piedmont, Missouri. I do have my camera registered on www.usa.canon.com. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time, Marcus D Stoehr

[Serial number partially hidden to protect privacy.]

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

For your protection, your serial number is going to be masked.  Unfortunately, Canon does not track or maintain a lost camera database.  They wouldn't even know about it unless somebody presented it for service. 

One thing you can do is notify your local police department.  On the off chance the camera was recovered locally. It might be returned to you.  

Realistically, I'd put your chance of recovery at less than 1%.  

If you have property insurance, you may be able to file a claim with your provider. However, your deductible may exceed the value of the camera.

Right now there is a great selection of refurbished Canon products on sale in this Canon store.  Maybe you can turn this bad luck into a positive experience and upgrade your gear.

Sorry it happened.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Time to go mirrorless.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

It is one of the following: flea market, pawn shop where it could possibly be traced, yard sale, trash. The police might, just might, check with local pawn shops and leave the information for the shop to call if it shows up.

I do hope you get it back but I'm very skeptical, though. Your homeowner's/renter's policy could cover a part after the deductible. Note to all: good idea to list any valuables you have with description, model number, serial number, photos. Keep a copy and give a copy to your insurance agent.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
click here to view the gallery
Announcements