cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My camera give me a minor electric shock when i was using it when i touch the lens i feel minor shoc

Sanjog
Contributor
Canon 80d with sigma lens 75 250 lens
11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Static electricity.

75-250 lens ? Smiley Frustrated

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sanjog
Contributor
Sigma lens i forget which one but can you help me what is it

I have no idea what lens yo uhave.  There was a old Sigma Zoom Telephoto 75-250mm f/4-5 Manual Focus Lens for Canon but it will not fit an 80D.

Touch some metal object to ground yourself before you touch the camera.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Sanjog
Contributor
Is it normal or it may affect my camera body ? Can you tell me

Sanjog
Contributor
Is it normal to get a minor shock with canon camerq ?

@Sanjogwrote:
Is it normal to get a minor shock with canon camerq ?

Your camera did not shock you, period, end of story.  

Ernie called it > Static electricity.  Will probabaly never happen again unless you run around in your socks and shuffle your feet on the carpet before touching your camera.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

The only thing in a camera that can shock you is in the pop-up flash. Was that up and ready to fire when you got shocked?

Stephen

It is never, ever normal for a properly working camera to shock a user at all! Stop using the camera immediately and contact support. 

If you're in the USA, call 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) weekdays from 8am to Midnight (ET) or Saturdays from 10am to 8pm (ET).

Outside the USA, please click HERE and select your country or region for support options. 

Sanjog
Contributor
Yes will it affect the camera?
Announcements