cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Canon EOS 20D isn't connecting to my computer?

CamaroLoverz
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my Canon EOS 20D to a computer I am using at school. I am in Yearbook and need to upload photos to the compuer. The computers are Alien Ware running on Windows 7. What do I do? When I plug it in, it says Installing Canon Digital Camera and when it finishes I can't find the files anywhere! I have looked everywhere! Smiley Mad Smiley Frustrated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In the camera's menu change Communication type to PTP.  But you are better off getting a card reader and just remove the CF card completely from the 20D.  Your school and/or the computer should already have one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Buy & use a card reader.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

#cicopo  

I was gonna try that. I'll see if the works! Thanks!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

In the camera's menu change Communication type to PTP.  But you are better off getting a card reader and just remove the CF card completely from the 20D.  Your school and/or the computer should already have one.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

#ebiggs1

The thing is is that this is my personal camera and the school has Nikons which use SD Cards. So they don't have a CF card reader. I will buy one and see if that works. Thanks!

Announcements