cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Exposure Question

LTCSZ
Apprentice

Hi: I have just purchased my Rebel T6 and have a question: I want to take multiple exposures within the same picture. For example, I want to take a picture of the Moon as it moves across the sky, catching maybe 8 exposures within the same frame...Is this possible with the T6? If so, could some kind person tell me just how to do it? Thanks a lot and I am sure I will show up here often!

Steve in Kansas

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It does not do in-camera double exposures. Canon considers that an advanced feature and does not include it in Rebels. That said, you won't miss it much. It is much better done in post (i.e., photoshop), anyway

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@LTCSZ wrote:

Hi: I have just purchased my Rebel T6 and have a question: I want to take multiple exposures within the same picture. For example, I want to take a picture of the Moon as it moves across the sky, catching maybe 8 exposures within the same frame...Is this possible with the T6? If so, could some kind person tell me just how to do it? Thanks a lot and I am sure I will show up here often!

Steve in Kansas

I'm not sure if the T6 can do multiple exposures, or not.  But, that end result is best achieved in post-processing.  You can line up the Moon images exactly where you want them.  You can even adjust the exposure on the individual frames to match the other frames.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the responses...I do not have PhotoShop nor can I afford it...(I just bought a camera!)...Is there other software that would accomplish what I want to do and instructions available on how to do it? (Can you tell that I'm a novice at this?) Thanks again,

Steve in Kansas

@LTCSZ wrote:

Thanks for the responses...I do not have PhotoShop nor can I afford it...(I just bought a camera!)...Is there other software that would accomplish what I want to do and instructions available on how to do it? (Can you tell that I'm a novice at this?) Thanks again,

Steve in Kansas

Paint Dot Net.  GIMP.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@LTCSZ wrote:

Steve in Kansas

I think Digital Photo Professional (either version), the free photo editor that comes with all Canon DSLRs, can do it.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

LTCSZ,

"Steve in Kansas"

Hey, Steve, where in Kansas?  We are close to Spring Hill.

Anyway there are a few, free, programs that will stack your photos of the Moon.  Just Google it.  Most are pretty simple and basic. The full featured, free, ones, like GimpShop, have very steep learning curves to use.

The best is Photoshop of course.  You can find older full licence versions for sale used pretty reasonable.  You could go back as far a CS3 or CS4 and still have a very powerful program.  The learning curve is still there, however.  Barring that idea you can rent Photoshop from Adobe for $10 per month.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
click here to view the gallery
Announcements