cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple EOS Rebel T7 cameras all of a sudden not working

taylorthompson
Apprentice

I am a high school photography teacher and I have 12 Canon EOS Rebel T7's for my classes (about 35 kids each class) and all of a sudden, so many of my cameras aren't working. I don't use Canon for my personal work, so I'm not completely familiar with Canon, but it was so random how so many of them are all not working at the same time and I'm not sure why. They turn on, but they won't take any photos, and the LCD screen doesn't work. I can change the shutter speed and what not with the dial, but it won't register anything else and I'm not sure what the issue could be. It's the same for about 6 other cameras. Batteries are charged too. Help PLS

4 REPLIES 4

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Have you tried pressing the info button to see if the LCD screen turns on. Some of Canon's cameras don't turn the LCD screen on at power up. Some turn the LCD screen on at power up. Unless you look through the the viewfinder. Then the LCD screen turns off. 

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 420EX, 470EX-AI, 550EX & 600EX II-RT

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You also might want to make sure that the eyepiece is seated all the way, if it gets shifted, it can cover the eye sensor and keep the LCD off.

stevet1
Authority
Authority

taylorthompson,

Have you checked to see if the cameras have memory cards in them?

Steve Thomas

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Hmm.  I wonder if this could be work of a prankster.  Remove the lens and look inside the mirror box, but do not touch anything. 

If all the above suggestions fail, then I recommend contacting Canon Support.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements