Did you mean: 

Money aside, which canon camera would you buy for wildlife photography

Texasguy
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

ctitanic
Rising Star

Hi Texasguy,

I recently wrote a note at my blog summarizing my opinion about this topic.

https://clickfanatic.blogspot.com/2024/08/the-best-canon-mirrorless-cameras-for.html

Frank
Gear: Canon EOS R6 Mark I, Canon 5D Mark III, EF100-400 L II, EF70-200 f2.8 II, RF50 and few other lenses.
Flickr, Blog: Click Fanatic.

JFG
Rising Star
Rising Star

Hello Texasguy,

For wildlife photography, money aside, I recomend the R5 Mark II hands down and the R6 Mark II as a runner up.  I have both caneras and I love the EOS R6 Mark II, which I've had since December 17, 2022.  However, I preordered the R5 Mark II and received it on 8-21-24 and I love it !  The R6 Mark II comes with 24.5MP while the R5 Mark II comes with 45.5MP, also the R5 Mark II comes with a lot of new features that I recomend you reading about them.  Those are my choices in order of priority. 

For wild life, you can't go wrong with either camera. 🙂

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

If you are considering any kind of photography, especially wildlife, you must consider the glass.  Do you have lenses or would this be part of  your no-financial-limitations scenario?

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is less what they hold in their hand, it's more what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements