cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mode dial face

justpics
Contributor

Recently the face of the mode dial on my T6S fell off somewhere.The camera is out of warranty,I wonder what Canon will charge to replace it.

10 REPLIES 10

@justpics wrote:

Well I called Canon support to see if I could get a replacement for my mode dial  face.After almost 20 min on hold they connected me to parts and they informed me they don't sell that part ,I would have to buy the entire top plate of the camera ! I told them where they could go and hung up.I looked on Amazon and ebay ,found plenty for 6D and others but nothing for the T6S .Just too new I guess.

Did you ask them about a warranty repair?  The camera is literally falling apart.  Play dumb and teary eyed.

I do not consider it unusual for them to say they don't sell just the plate, but an entire assembly.  Some auto manufacturers are the same way about headlight assemblies.  If all you want is the widget that holds the lamp, you must be the entire assembly, lamp and all. 

There are so many pieces and parts that go into products these days that maintaining an inventory of every individual item just simply isn't profitable.  So, they sell assemblies, instead, which cannot be, and should not be, disassembled, anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements