cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main Battery eos 80d - use canon or is 3rd party OK?

srd-software
Contributor

I want to get a second LP-E6N. I can find canon brand and 3rd party brands on amazon. Has anyone tried the 3rd party batteries? Or is it best to stay with an actual canon battery? I'm inclined to go with the canon battery even tho it is quite a bit more.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend that you stick to genuine Canon gear, including batteries and chargers, whenever possible.  Canon batteries are reported to have a longer operating life, meaning they may last for many years while off-brands may only last for a couple of years.  Canon batteries are reported to hold their charger longer when used in a camera, too.

Always buy your gear from a Canon Factory Authorized Dealer.  I do not recommend buying electronic camera gear and accessories on Amazon, either.  The Amazon marketplace is a breeding ground for counterfeit gear.  While Amazon itself is a Factory Authorized Dealer, the product listings mix authorized and non-authorized dealers together.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Peter
Authority
Authority

I went for two Jupio Ultra (for my 6D and 7D) and got the charger (USB) I wanted. No battery case.
I have only charged them twice so I don't know how well they will perform in a year or three. Right now they perform better than my 4 LP-E6 that are between 1-11 years old.

I do have an older Jupio battery for my D30, D60, 30D but they don't show the available capacity in % so it is harder to tell.

I wouldn't buy batteries from Amazon due to all fake ones there.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I recommend that you stick to genuine Canon gear, including batteries and chargers, whenever possible.  Canon batteries are reported to have a longer operating life, meaning they may last for many years while off-brands may only last for a couple of years.  Canon batteries are reported to hold their charger longer when used in a camera, too.

Always buy your gear from a Canon Factory Authorized Dealer.  I do not recommend buying electronic camera gear and accessories on Amazon, either.  The Amazon marketplace is a breeding ground for counterfeit gear.  While Amazon itself is a Factory Authorized Dealer, the product listings mix authorized and non-authorized dealers together.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

" I do not recommend buying electronic camera gear and accessories on Amazon, either."

This is good advice but needs a little further explaining.  It isn't Amazon, which is a Canon authorized dealer, but all the rest of the retailers that populate there.  Some good, some not so good!  If you make certain the item comes directly from Amazon itself, it's probably OK.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements