cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MacBook Pro is no longer detecting EOS Rebel T7i after macOS Sonoma v14 update. Prior to the update.

ftoor
Apprentice

Hello, 

I have read on other posts that this has been happening for a few months. The last post on there was December 2023. It's not March 2024 and I don't see an update for the T7i Utility software. I see one for the webcam. Is there a timeline for the Utility software update because I bluetooth my videos from the camera to my iphone and then to my desktop and it's time consuming. 

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Have you checked in the System Settings to verify that you have authorized the USB connection for your camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I did not know that. I went online and that exists for Mac based CPU where you have to give permission for new accessories. I have an intel based so I don't have that option. But my request should not be that complicated. I want an updated utility software which has been update with new OS updates and don't know why this is taking so long. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Just go to the macOS13 page. It works for macOS 14. 

IMG_1934.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you but Sonoma is OS 14.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I know. Did you read the post? The app is updated for macOS 14. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

All I see is the screen shot and it's not clickable. Can you post the URL? I did find the software that is in the screen shot and I don't see anywhere that is compatible for OS14

I only see OS13, OS12 and OS11.4 

And if you look in Canon USA for downloads for OS 14 - only the webcam software shows up. See attached screen shots. 

Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 2.24.40 PM.jpg

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

I downloaded that app version and it works on my MacBook with macOS 14. 

Try it and see if it works for you. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements