cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M50 Mark2 can not take picture

Czhang0727
Contributor

I am new to the camera, got my M50 with 15-45 mm Len, however seems I am unable to take picture….I saw wired icon on top and did not find it in user manual…

could anybody help?

3A15D267-DD3E-49C1-B33C-5172AB0CC8CD.jpeg

8 REPLIES 8

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Were you taking photos or video?

Do you have a lens attached? I'm seeing "F00" for the aperture, so there's definitely an issue there.

While the maximum recording time of "29:59" is correct for this camera, I also find the 9999 value for maximum number of photos you can take a bit suspicious.

I would definitely try resetting the camera.  Do you have a second lens you can also try?

If problems continue, I would call up Canon to schedule service.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Oh WoW, thanks for timely supoorting! Yes, I already have my len attahed, and manual focus is working. However, seems the camara did not recognize the len.

I also tried reset to default for several times, and even updated firmware to 1.0.3. Seems still not work. I don't have a second len in my hand, please advise what is the best thing I could do. I am living in San Fransisco Bay Area, so please let me know if there is any branch I could walk in to verify more.

Perhaps there is a local camera store that may have EF-M lenses you could try out with the camera.

What lens do you currently own?

--
Ricky

I got a 15 - 45 mm, the one default to M50 Mk2, sounds good, let me try out

emm, actually, by checking the stock of EF-M lens, seems there is no nearby one...Can we go a head to send back to customer center for service? We still need it for Christmas...so really want to spend too much time on checking something not ready in my hand

I would call Canon support to see what can be done:  1-800-OK-CANON.

--
Ricky

I am just taking photos JFYI

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera does not seem to detect that there is an attached lens with AF.  I recommend removing the lens and re-installing it.  Make sure to turn the lens until your hear a “CLICK” that locks it into place.  

There is a “Lens Release Button”, [which] is a “double action” system.  That meant that the Lens Release Button  must be fully pressed and maintained, while you rotate the lens out of the lens mount.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements