cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lp-e19 battery percentage fluctuating on 1dx3

an_also
Apprentice

Hi all,

I just recently purchased a used 1dxiii from BHPhoto. The camera is in really good condition and everything works well and I’m loving it. The one thing that’s puzzling is a week ago the battery that came with it was showing 78% after a morning of shooting then an hour later it was showing 89%. It also had a message to calibrate the battery which I did. 

A couple of days ago I was once again shooting with it and battery went down to 85%. Then after a while of not shooting it was back up to 92%. 

Is this most likely a battery issue or the 1dx3 issue? 

BHphoto is sending me a new LP-E19 battery next week so hopefully that resolves it. 

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Calculated percentage left is going to vary to some extent with significant changes in ambient temperature and after a heavy sustained load (extended bursts, etc.) the calculated percentage will recover slightly after a period of inactivity.

The only battery info I use on my 1DX III and II bodies is the number of bars showing AND the recharge performance.

Battery life is extremely long with these batteries and unlike the hateful LP-E6 family of batteries, none of my 1DX batteries has suffered an early death.  Over time capacity/recharge performance will drop but in hundreds of recharge cycles I have never had a battery error or recharge "glitch" with any of my 1DX series batteries.

Enjoy your camera!  I love mine.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thank you for the quick reply. I was not aware of the calculated percentage changing and readjusting as I’m coming from a 5D4 and the battery percentage levels always decreased with usage and never went back up like it did with the 1dx3. 

In my two weeks with it, it’s been an absolute joy to use it. I will certainly enjoy it for sure!

cheers. 

Announcements