cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing focus on m50 with 55-200 kit lens

teac532s
Apprentice

Hi All. Strange issue with my m50 and the 55-200 kit lens. When I put the camera in af tracking and continuos high shooting , with the above lens attached I manage to get a few shots then all of a sudden the camera ,or lens, refuses to focus at all. Auto wont work manual wont work, shutter release wont work and the evf and screen are totally blurred. Turning the camera off and on again will  not solve the issue.  Detaching the lens and reattaching will not fix it either. To fix the issue I have to reset the camera everytime and reset all my shooting options. Anyone else have this issue or have any idea as to what could be the cause. Camera and lens works fine in single shot and other auto focus settings with no issues ,only when its set to the said settings.

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Are you using a Canon OEM battery and what brand and type of memory card are you using?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

teac532s
Apprentice

I use a class 10 sandisk 128gb. I bought the camera and kit lenses second hand with 4 batteries. Never thought about the batteries but I will try each one to see if the problem occurs with any of them. Thanks for the reply

Edit. Checked the 4 batteries ,1 canon ,1 copy of canon and 2 powertust ones.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements