cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lense not focusing help please

Canon1317user
Apprentice

Hello everyon i dont know much about cameras. I have a rebel t5 . When i try to take pictures the lense wont focus. It seems as if it is stuck. I am trying to reset my cameras settings & i get a busy message. Please help. Im starting to think iys broken. I habe not droped my camera. . Anyone know how to fix this. Thanks !!! 

10 REPLIES 10

I like Robert's two points.  It seems the cameras and lenses that would be most helped with focus adjustment don't have that capability.  The ones that need it less all have it! 

Anyway my comment about it, the lens, being able to stick with you as you grow over comes this depending on what upgrade camera body you choose in the future.  There is no getting around the pop-up flash if you use that.  However that is another place where you should out grow as you progress.

A word about AFMA.  It doesn't make the lens any sharper.  The lens is as sharp as it will ever be as soon as it is put together.  AFMA simply moves the critical focus point closer or farther away.  People that use starter camera kits generally do not do the kind of photography that will be effected by a slight focus adjustment. When they do they upgrade!

Give the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens a serious look. You'll love it.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements