cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens won't release

Islair
Apprentice

I have a new 70D, my first upgrade since the 20D over a decade ago.  I have had the camera for about a week now, and have noticed that the lenses fit much more snug than they did on my old DSLR.  Today, I attached an 18-135 lens to the body, and now I can not remove it.

I can depress the lens release button, and turn the lens just enough to get it off the lock position, but that is as far as it will turn.  Anyone have any suggestions about how to safely get this lens off?  Or is there a secondary release that I just don't know about on this body that I am not depressing?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

cicopo
Elite

This problem is usually the result of a screw coming loose on either the body or lens in the mount areas. There isn't much you can do but it might be a good idea to try removing the lens with it pointing straight up or straight down. Thet may let the screw fall away from whatever it's jamming against. If that doesn't work I think it has to go the Canon's Service people.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements