cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens compatibility????? On a T3i

Gerilynn
Contributor

Will this lens go on my T3i?Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens (white box) for Canon EOS Digital

14 REPLIES 14

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Yes, it will work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Not only will it work, it is the 'best buy' in a Canon full on pro level "L" lens!  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you!  I am so undecided in what to purchase.  I have 3 stand lenses and never get the shots I'm after so I'm trying to purchase a lense that is amazing and overall the best investment, otherwise I'm just gonna give up trying to take all the time with just ok photography.  Is there any other lens recommended for action, portrait, walk around lens????

What are the three lenses you have?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Canon 50 mm standard Ef 1:1.8

canon zoom 75-300  EF 75-300mm 1:4-5.6. 111 USM

18-55 canon efs (broke auto focus)

@Gerilynn wrote:

Thank you!  I am so undecided in what to purchase.  I have 3 stand lenses and never get the shots I'm after so I'm trying to purchase a lense that is amazing and overall the best investment, otherwise I'm just gonna give up trying to take all the time with just ok photography.  Is there any other lens recommended for action, portrait, walk around lens????

The best walking around lens on a T3i is the 17-55mm f/2.8 IS. The 24-105mm f/4L has more range and may be a bit better optically, but it lacks wide-angle capability and the extra stop of speed. The 24-105 is (at least arguably) the best walker on a full-frame camera, and a FF camera won't even accept the 17-55. So if you see a 5D or 6D in your future, you may want to buy the 24-105 now.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Ok, u have me thinking, what about this lens:

Canon EF-S 15-85 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Lens

It has the extra zoom I'm looking for,

Bob from Boston is referring to the Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens.  Since your kit lens of this focal length is broken, this is the lens to replace it with.

It is not going to be a cure all, neither would the EF 24-105mm F4L IS.  Is it, or are both, capable of taking great photos? Absolutely.

If you could post some samples of what your photography lacks, it would be much helpful.  At least, more of what goal do you have for yourself.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

image.jpeg

Announcements