cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Canon Utility Software on Big Sur (iOS 11.00)

scuervo102
Contributor

Hi all,

I recently just purchased a EOS M50 Mark II camera in Canada, and what I intended to do was to not only take pictures with it but to also create live streams on Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch. 

However, I own 2 x Macbook Pros, 1 x iMac, and a couple of iPhones. Most of my devices have the new operating system, in which on the case of the laptops and desktops is iOS Big Sur or 11.00. I tried to download the EOS Utitliy Software from the Canadian Canon website and for some reason both the software and my computers are uncompatible to each other.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do in this situation? I haven't found much information online as to when Canon is going to update their software. Also, another option is to use another software called "Ecamm Live", but they will be charging me a monthly fee, and I kind of find it unacceptable to purchase another system on top of a brand new expensive camera.

Thank you in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What do you want to do with EOS Utility?

I am afraid there is not much you can do except wait.

I want to live stream but without EOS Utility my devices will not read my M50 Mark II.

I just used Facebook Live, and I was able change the camera on the drop down menu from the one in my monitor to the mirrorless one. However, I got the "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY" error message with the USB cable and the red X on it.

I just wrote Canon if they were able to help me out or if they knew when the update will come. 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hello scuervo102.

What are the problems you are having with EOSU and your Mac computers?

I have EOSU 3.13 installed on my MacBook Air with Big Sur and it works properly.

If you connect your camera to the Mac and open Image Capture does it see your camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Interesting. Maybe I am the problem. LOL!

So basically, my camera is connected from its USB port to the USB port in my iMac. This is what i have done:

1. I donwloaded the EOS Utility 1.0 for MacOS programm, installed it, and then there is one folder called "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY". Inside this folder, there is a program called "EOS WEBCAM UTILITY UNINSTALLER"

2. After reading your post, I donwloaded "EOS UTILITY 3.13.10 for MacOS". After it was installed, I click on to EOS Utility 1 ito open it, and it is asking me to connect my camera to the computer via WI-FI/LAN. The program EOS Utility 2 & 3 has all of its options grayed out.

Now, it worth noting that I do not have a memory card on it yet. I am starting to think maybe the cable is pooched since I shouldn't be connecting both devices through WIFI.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Security & Privacy 2020-12-29 14-31-22.jpg

Check if you have these accesses granted.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you again for your reply.

I do not have any of those options on my privacy settings. Also, when I opened the apps, I didn't get a notification stating if I was allowing these programs to access my files and folders.

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 4.57.25 PM.png

Canon emailed me back, and they suggested that I could use th output port. Does this mean if I connected through a HDMI cable I can bypass all of this?

Thanks again for your help.

i guess I think it was the cable the cable I was using. I tried to do a quick Facebook live and it started working even though I am getting these error on EOS Utility 2. LOL!

Error.png

Thanks again for your help, and I guess I will continue my quest in learning more about this camera.

@scuervo102 wrote:

i guess I think it was the cable the cable I was using. I tried to do a quick Facebook live and it started working even though I am getting these error on EOS Utility 2. LOL!

Error.png

Thanks again for your help, and I guess I will continue my quest in learning more about this camera.

I think you should get the error from EOS Utlity 2.  I believe the M50 uses the EOS Utility 3.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements