cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is upgrading from 3000d to 70d a great idea? Or should I get a brand new lens

samadaid
Apprentice

I have my 3000d for 5 years and looking to upgrade it to a more decent camera. I have 55-250 stm and a kit lens mark III (non IS).

Should I go with 70d with 20mp 19 focus points etc or should I go with new lenses (used sigma 17-50 OS/used 24-105 F4 both for kit replacement)

Any feedbacks are appreciated (sorry for broke english)

2 REPLIES 2

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

I would look into a mirror camera. Development of DSLRs and EF has been discontinued. Al development has moved to the EOS R series and RF lenses. The Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 DC OS HSM lens if that's what you're talking about. Doesn't work with newer cameras. The lens has IS tug of war and issues with focus pulsing. What is your budget to spend on a new camera body or a body + lens. The EF 24-105mm F/4L IS USM lens lineup. Is designed for Full Frame cameras. It won't have an ideal focal length on an APS-C camera. Do you own any other lenses.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Welcome to the forum!
To help us to help you, it would be of great assistance to get a lot more details about your needs as a photographer. 
1. What is it about your current setup that causes you to want to upgrade?
2. What kinds of subjects do you photograph - e.g. portraits, wildlife, travel etc.
3. What you you produce - i.e. for social media, digital display, small - medium prints etc.?
4 What is your budget (and where on the planet are you) so we have an idea of what you can afford.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements