cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way with the SL-1 to set the flash so it will always fire, regardless of light conditions

mojo_goebel
Apprentice

This may be something easy to select, but is it possible to set the SL-1 so that it will always go off when taking a pic?  For example, when I am out in daylight I can't seem to get the flash to go off.  Sometimes it will but I don't understand why it won't with each shot.  Is there some setting I need to put the camera into?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

All you need to do is pop up the flash and then shoot on P, Tv, Av, or M and your flash will fire every time. 

In the other modes the camera will try to outhink you and will only fire the flash when it thinks it is needed.  

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

All you need to do is pop up the flash and then shoot on P, Tv, Av, or M and your flash will fire every time. 

In the other modes the camera will try to outhink you and will only fire the flash when it thinks it is needed.  

Mike Sowsun

I had tried that, just tried again in P, AV, TV, and M. I tried it in a lit area and then tried it in a darkened room. I popped the flash up but it didn't fire in any setting, not even in the dark room. Then I put the camera into A+ mode and tried it in the darkened room. It fired then, so the flash is working. Do you think my camera is malfunctioning?

Check your flash menu to make sure flash is enabled.  If it is enabled then I suspect your camera is malfinctioning. 

5D3_3070.JPG

5D3_3071.JPG

Mike Sowsun

That was it. Thank you very much for the help 👍
Announcements