cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to replace the focus screen for 6DM2?

gulab5656
Apprentice

Shouldn't have cleaned the dust inside my camera body..got a big smuge that I can't seem to wipe away.

Doesn't effect shooting but it's a big eye sore while looking through the view finder

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is not designed to be changed by the user but probably like any Canon camera, it is serviceable by a technically skilled person that has the right tools. Just finding and/or being able to purchase the part may be a challenge.

Bottom line, no it is not replaceable by the consumer. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ian_D_Head
Contributor

I believe that the 6D is a model that has interchangeable focus screens. Obviously it'll take some dexterity to do it, but can be done by the end user if they're up to it.

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

No the 6D Mark II doesn't use a regular focusing screen. It uses an LCD overlay in the viewfinder. This makes it not possible to change focusing screens. Except for 1DX series cameras. They use both an LCD overlay and a regular focusing screen.

-Demetrius
Bodies: EOS 40D (Retired) & EOS 5D Mark IV (Current)
Lenses: EF Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 70-210mm F/4 (Brought out of Retirement) & EF 85mm F/1.8 USM
Speedlites: 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Throwing my sombrero into the ring.  >> 3rd vote for professional repair.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Ian_D_Head
Contributor

If that’s the case, mk2 must be different to mk1 then. You can on 6d mk1. 

amfoto1
Authority

That's correct... Original 6D has an interchangeable focus screen. The 6DII does not.

Announcements