cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is R5 histogram affected by the Picture Style?

Bazsl
Rising Star

In my 5D mark IV (and most DSLRs) when shooting raw the histogram is generated from the JPEG thumbnail and the width of the histogram is affected by the contrast setting of the selected picture style.

From what information is the histogram displayed in the viewfinder of my R5 generated? Is the width of the histogram affected by the currently selected picture style?

Since the histogram shown in the viewfinder is generated dynamically and changes as the illumination of the scene changes I assume the histogram is generated from the image displayed on the viewfinder LCD and I assume the selected picture style is applied to the image displayed in the viewfinder. Is that correct? If Canon has published anything about this I can't find it. Thanks for any authoritative help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bazsl
Rising Star

Based on my tests the answer to my question is yes, the picture style does affect the histogram you see in the viewfinder and on the screen on a Canon R5.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bazsl
Rising Star

Based on my tests the answer to my question is yes, the picture style does affect the histogram you see in the viewfinder and on the screen on a Canon R5.

Announcements