cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing the Rebel 77D?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The Rebel 77D.  Either it is a typo, or something else is going on.  

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-rebel-77d-body-refurbished

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi, Waddizzle!

Thanks so much for catching this!  This typo appears to have slipped past our proofreaders.  We let them know that an astute member of our forum pointed this out and we have since corrected it.

Have a great day!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I guess you are referring to the “Rebel” part being a typo. I consider it to be part of the "Rebel" line because of it's low-end pentamirror viewfinder. 

I guess someone at Canon has decided that it is really is part of the Rebel line after all. 

From Wikipedia:

The Canon EOS 77D, known in Japan as the EOS 9000D, is a digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on February 14, 2017. It has a body-only MSRP of US$899.99, which is more expensive than Canon EOS 760D, which it replaces. The camera can be purchased as a body-only, as kit with the 18-55mm IS STM lens at US$1,049, with the new 18-135mm IS USM lens at US$1,499.

According to Canon's U.S. subsidiary, the camera "represents a new category of advanced amateur EOS cameras, a step above the Rebel series." However, at least one reviewer considered the 77D to be a part of the Rebel line for all practical purposes. The camera features excellent core specs and its sensor is directly coming Canon 80D. 

Mike Sowsun

Danny

Hi, Waddizzle!

Thanks so much for catching this!  This typo appears to have slipped past our proofreaders.  We let them know that an astute member of our forum pointed this out and we have since corrected it.

Have a great day!

Danny wrote:

Hi, Waddizzle!

Have a great day!

This brings up a point I've wondered about ever since I became a Canon user 14 years ago. Apparently Canon uses the "Rebel" name only in the U.S. But in most parts of the country the favorable connotations of that term are 240 years out of date. In today's political environment, it could be construed very differently. Is it conceivable that those in Japan who approve such marketing ploys are insensitive to how things are just now?

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi, Bob!

We appreciate your insight.  The EOS Rebel model name was introduced in 1990 and is used throughout the Americas.  The same cameras go by alphanumeric model names throughout much of the rest of the world with the exception of Japan where the same cameras use the EOS Kiss model names.  We're always staying mindful of our products' branding, and if any of our trademarks ever gain a negative or offensive connotation, we make sure to take the appropriate action.

Thanks for chiming in!

Announcements