cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intervalometer port won't work on 800D

crespor
Apprentice

Recently I ran into a little bit of rain that made my camera very unhappy to the point that it didn't want to work at all. I got it dry and everything seemed fine until I was doing astrophotography at the darkest location I've ever been in and my intervolometer port wouldn't respond! I've opened the side of the camera and nothing seems loose or damaged. Is there a way to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, crespor!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I have a EOS 800D

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the intervalometer work in daylight?

Was the lens in auto focus mode? If so, the camera wouldn't be able to focus in near darkness, and therefore wouldn't allow the shutter to release. You should put the lens in manual focus mode and pre-focus the lens. Then try the intervalometer in nighttime conditions. 

I have plenty of experience with intervalometers so I know that is not the issue. The camera has no response at all to the intervalometer. The intervalometer itself works fine with another camera.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then the camera needs to be sent to Canon for repair.

Announcements