cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with EOS Utility. XTi 400D

Jkoch
Apprentice

I acquired a XTi 400D in December 2006. I am sure it came with a CD disc, but I cannot find it. Until I changed from Microsoft 2007 to 2010, I was able to download my images on EOS Utility. The Utility only downloaded the most recent images not all the images on the camera. Now when I open EOS Utility the "Srate to download images" is grayed out and cannot not be opened. I assume there have been download updates since 2006, but I cannot identify the download that I need to regain the image download facility that only load the most recent images since the last download.

6 REPLIES 6

My understanding is that the predominant protocol used to download images has changed since the XTi was current. Rumor has it that the XTi actually is capable of being switched to the newer protocol (whose name escapes me), but I've never been able to find the setting on my XTi. Somebody who understands this better than I do will probably come along and explain it all for you.

HOWEVER, if all you're trying to do with EOS Utility is download images, for heaven's sake get a card reader and use that instead. It's better in every way: faster, no drain on the camera's battery, no protocol issues, etc.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I don't have a Canon camera that old, but the newer utilities give you an option to "select images" to download.  You are not forced into downloading just the newest images, ones which have not apparently been tagged as "downloaded." 

What if you did not want to download all 300 images you shot one day, but just a few dozen?  I cannot believe that it would not give the option to select photos to download, and always force you to download all of the "new images" on the card.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I believe you mean "PTP" and "PC Communication", which I believe have menu settings

@kvbarkley wrote:

I believe you mean "PTP" and "PC Communication", which I believe have menu settings

Non-sequitur.  I don't follow what you're talking about, much less who you are even replying to.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

It was to Robert the Fat:

"My understanding is that the predominant protocol used to download images has changed since the XTi was current. Rumor has it that the XTi actually is capable of being switched to the newer protocol (whose name escapes me),"

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Download software and manual here.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/support-dslr/digital-rebel...
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements