cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a floating black rectangle on my frames - Canon R6 MK II

photobret
Apprentice

So recently I have noticed this floating black rectangle in all my frames. It depends on the angle of the camera but if floats organically ie it doesn't slide around. It also appears in all the photos I take. I turned off IS both in Body and in the lens and it still shows up. Then it will vanish and reappear again. 

I'm thinking it might be the lens and an IS component thats come loose. Will try a different lens069A2314.jpg069A2848.jpg069A2998.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

Haven't seen something like this before. Please try a different lens and let us know.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Tronhard
VIP
VIP

Looking at the three images, while the top one appears to be a right angle rectangle the other two appear to be a trapezoid shape, which may suggest a 3D object fliating onto the sensor. I wonder if part of the shutter mechanism has come adrift and is showing against the sensor? Normally even large objects in a lens will not show - if you recall lens rentals' fly in a EF 70-300 lens.

cheers, TREVOR

The mark of good photographer is not what they hold in their hand, it's what they hold in their head;
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris
Announcements