cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use EOS rebel t2i with iPhone

Europe2020
Apprentice

Is it possible to use a eos rebel t2i with an iPhone for a monitor? I tried connecting my iPhone with a cable to my camera but both happened. I also can’t find the t2i in the canon connect app. Is it possible to use a iPhone as a monitor with the t2i?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The EOS T2i is not supported on Canon Connect.  Tethered shooting should be possible using the EOS Utility.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The EOS T2i is not supported on Canon Connect.  Tethered shooting should be possible using the EOS Utility.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Do you know how to do that? I tried connecting my phone to the camera with a cable but I wasn’t able to do anything on the camera then or see anything on my phone

Unfortunately, the camera can’t be connected to a smartphone. It is too old. You should be able to connect to an older computer, but mobile devices are out of the question. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Europe2020,

You could try the Camera Connect and Control app. It's available on the Apple App store. They have a free 3-day trial period. If it works and you want to keep it, it's $24.99 to purchase.

Steve Thomas.

I don’t see the t2i listed in the app. My camera doesn’t have WiFi capability 

Announcements